Monday, November 28, 2011

EMJOI: Smooth & Confident

The one thing about me that I am always self conscious about is body hair.  I know it's weird, and might be too much information, but hey there has to be others out there that have the same worries.  Now I'm not trying to say that I have major body hair issues, that's not the case at all.  It's just when it comes to my underarms, I'm always wary of people thinking they are ugly or not smooth enough.

So, with that being said, I finally found a great solution to make me more smooth and more confident.


The Emjoi Light Caress Rechargeable Epilator has become one the my go to products all year round.  Before using the Emjoi, I always waxed my underarms, because tweezing just took too long and waxing always gave me that smooth feeling and look that I preferred.  My underarm skin was always too sensitive for shaving (it would get bumpy and red), so I definitely had to throw out that option.  However, because the expenses of waxing does add up, I felt like the Emjoi would be a great investment (and surely it was).

Let's first start off by explaining what the product is.  The Emjoi is a Light Caress Rechargeable Epilator (hair removal device).  This specific type of Emjoi (they carry many different types) has 36 patented 24 karat gold plated hypoallergenic tweezer discs that remove hair quickly and efficiently.

A lot of people might be turned off by such a product because of the thought of have 36 tweezers pulling at your hair at once sounds tremendously painful.  However, when used properly, there is very little, if any discomfort.  The pain reduction technology, coupled with the included massaging finger attachment, greatly reduces discomfort.  It removes hair as short as 0.5 mm right from the root, resulting in silky smooth skin.

I use this Emjoi every other day on my underarms, and it leaves them seriously soft and smooth.  I can hardly feel any discomfort and I seriously don't think anyone should be scared of trying this out.

HOW TO USE IT:

1. Place it on the surface of your skin (pulling the skin taut, tight).
2. Don't apply too much pressure, just light pressure is enough.
3. Move it around the area you want to remove the hair from in all different directions (up & down, left & right, and on the diagonal), since some hairs can grow in different directions (especially the underarms).
4. Moisturize after the hair removal process to keep skin smooth.

I usually use my Emjoi after getting out of the shower.  That way I can exfoliate my underarms with a loofa before the process.

Using the Emjoi every other day makes it less and less painful.  When the hairs are longer, it's more likely to be painful to remove them.

I really hope this review is helpful, and I would recommend this to anyone looking for a quick and easy hair removal process that won't leave your wallet sad in the long run.

Please feel free to leave any questions you may have below.

xoxo,

Eve

No comments:

Post a Comment