Friday, February 1, 2013

Peter Thomas Roth Max Complexion Correction Pads

I have seen Peter Thomas Roth products in Sephora for a while now, but never ventured into trying their products until now.  After watching Raeview's video on products she loves to use for acne, I decided to pick up a few of them, one being the Peter Thomas Roth Max Complexion Correction Pads.  



I bought this mainly for the time of the month where my skin does act up.  Because I have been keeping up with my skin care routine, my skin has been healthy and happy for the past few months now.  So even though I had purchased these a little over a month ago, I never really had a reason to use them, until now.  After coming back from my trip to New Orleans, I found my pores a little more clogged and I had quite a few random (cystic) breakouts around my nose and chin.  

I definitely didn't want to have to deal with the breakouts for long, so after exfoliating with my Laura Mercier Flawless Face, I whipped out these pads to give a try.

The Peter Thomas Roth Max Complexion Correction Pads were made to clear up pores.  Formulated with AHA and BHA (and a little bit of alcohol), it makes a great clarifying pad the cleanse the skin and clear up any blemishes.  Use the smooth side to swipe all over the face, and the exfoliating side to really work it into the pores.

You can really feel these working once applied.  It's strong enough to show immediate results without irritating or drying out my skin.  After application, I would wait two minutes, and then made sure to follow up with a nice moisturizer to soothe the skin.  I honestly noticed a difference the next day.  My blemishes were hardly noticeable and my skin felt more refreshed and radiant.

I would not recommend using this ever day, unless you have a more severe problem with acne.  I personally only use these when I notice breakouts that have not gone a way in two days with just regular cleansing.  That way my skin doesn't get dried out from treatment.

I have to say I really am impressed with these pads, and would definitely recommend them to anyone looking for a clarifying pad.  The only negative thing I have to say about these is that I can't stand the Peach Bellini smell of them.  I think they were trying to mask the smell of the glycolic acid by making the pads smell sweet, but I honestly would have preferred the glycolic smell to that of a sweet peach.  Otherwise, these are great to have on hand for those skin emergency days!

xoxo,

Eve

No comments:

Post a Comment