Friday, October 4, 2013

L'Oreal Magic Nude Liquid Powder Foundation

It's been a few years since I've tried any of the drugstore foundations.  I've definitely become more comfortable with investing money into higher end foundations since my skin tends to be more prone to break outs.  However, after exploring the drugstore section one day, I decided to pick up the L'Oreal Magic Nude Liquid Powder Foundation, which is the newest foundation L'Oreal released this past summer.


I definitely thought the more compact packaging was cute and convenient, very reminiscent of the Chanel Aqualumiere packaging.  The formula itself is nothing like any other foundation I've tried.  L'Oreal's Magic Nude Liquid Powder Foundation was formulated to give you that no-makeup, bare look.

The liquid to powder formulation does take a bit of getting use to.  The foundation goes almost instantly from a liquid to a powder finish once buffed into the skin.  The texture is extremely lightweight, which does make it feel like you've got almost nothing on.

As for the application and wear, I feel like the L'Oreal Magic Nude Liquid Powder Foundation would suit perfectly for people with combination to oily skin.  The powder finish may look a little too patchy for anyone with drier skin.  And the best way to apply the foundation, in my opinion, is with any oversized, synthetic buffing foundation brush (i.e Sigma F88, F84, F82, F80).  Patting and buffing the foundation into the skin gives that more flawless, natural look.

Overall, I feel like this has been one of the best drugstore foundations I've ever tried.  the lightweight texture along with the light to medium coverage makes it a great everyday (and affordable) foundation option.  I wouldn't reach for this for special events where I'd have to take a lot of photos, however it's a great basic foundation to have on hand.

xoxo,

Eve

No comments:

Post a Comment