Thursday, June 27, 2013

Chanel - Exfoliater & Mask

One of my skin care routines consists of really treating my skin to a more luxurious, spa-like treatment once every two weeks (sometimes twice if my skin is really feeling under the weather).  I'll find a free night to just pop in a good movie and relax while treating my skin to a nice scrub or mask (or both!).

Two new products that I've been testing out the past two months are the Chanel Maximum Radiance Exfoliating Gel and the Chanel Purifying Cream Mask.  Yes, both are very high end (and expensive) products; but as I mentioned these are more of a special treat for my skin every once in a while.


The Chanel Maximum Radiance Exfoliating Gel, what I was first drawn to while I was looking through their skin care line at the Chanel counter, is a gel-cream like facial scrub that works to exfoliate and 'revitalize' the skin.  The exfoliating beads are of more of a gel like consistency, making it appropriate for all skin types.  It's a gentle scrub that really works into the skin to bring out a more radiant complexion.  After a few uses I have noticed a change in the texture and look to my skin.  My face looks more healthy and feels incredibly soft and smooth the the touch.  The Maximum Radiance Exfoliating Gel has to be one of the most gentle exfoliating products I have ever tried while still being transforming to my skin.

TIP: I prefer (and was recommended by experts) to apply the Maximum Radiance Exfoliating Gel with a dry face.  This really helps the exfoliating beads to cling on to and work into the skin.  Lightly run your fingers under water and then massage the product onto your dry face for about 1 minute.  After massaging into the skin, I like to let the product set on my skin for another 2-5 minutes before rinsing.  Finish off with patting your skin dry with a towel.


The Chanel Purifying Cream Mask was a product that I was talked into picking up after talking to a few experts at the counter.  I am an ultimate mask lover, but didn't think I needed such a luxurious mask when I have a few that I enjoy for about half the price.  However, after a quick demonstration on my hand, I found myself adding it to my check out list.  I have combination skin, so balancing out the right skin care products for the different times of the year can be difficult.  So when I had mentioned that to the Chanel experts, they recommended the Purifying Cream Mask.
"Oil-absorbing formula with a deliciously rich texture refines and smooths skin, as it brings it the clarity and freshness it craves for the perfect matte complexion." - Chanel.com
Honestly, after testing out the mask for a few months I find it to be the best mask for anyone worried about their sensitive skin.  Most clay like masks dry to a harder finish which really tightens up the skin, making it a bit irritating to anyone with a more sensitive skin type.  The Chanel Purifying Cream Mask, on the other hand, is incredibly moisturizing and leaves the skin feeling refreshed, smooth, and soft at the end of every use.  The mask rinses off easily without having to scrub at the skin.  The product does mention that it's oil-absorbing, meaning it's perfect for combination and oily skin types.  However, because of how moisturizing it is I believe it will also work well for anyone with a drier complexion.

TIP:  Apply the mask on with a dry face and let set for about 10 minutes before rinsing.  You will find that the mask will not dry to a hard, clay like finish like other masks.  This keeps the mask more moisturizing and makes it easier to rinse off while not being too harsh on the skin.

What you're left with is a more radiant, and clarifying complexion.

These have been two of the best investments I have made on my skin this year!

xoxo,

Eve

No comments:

Post a Comment