Thursday, June 6, 2013

Neutrogena Moisture Smooth Color Stick

I have been reviewing a few of these "chubby stick" type of products and I am sad to say that I have finally come across one that I cannot recommend to anyone.  So many brands have developed their own type of lip balm chubby stick (taking after the original Clinique Chubby Stick), and some of my favorites are actually from Revlon and Cover Girl (both drugstore brands).

I decided I wanted to pick up a few from the drugstore brands to really compare to the original Clinique Chubby Sticks, and it's sad to say that the Neutrogena Moisture Smooth Color Stick really fell below my expectations.


I don't have the specific names of the two I have purchased and pictured above because I have already returned them due to my disappointment towards them.  The colors of the Neutrogena Color Sticks are pretty pigmented (as you can see from my swatches), but that's not where I was disappointed.  The formulation and texture where things got uncomfortable.

When it comes to lip products I can be quite particular with comfort and wear, and these color sticks definitely did not go well on the lips.  Instead of being moisture smooth, they apply quite griddy and leaves a uncomfortable texture on the lips (almost drying).  I found that even with re-application I just couldn't stand the product on my lips anymore and had to wipe it off to apply a regular balm afterwards.

I really do enjoy the Neutrogena skin care line. Their sun screens are the only ones that I will use.  However, I have to say that they might need a bit more improvement if they want to catch up with other makeup brands.

xoxo,

Eve

No comments:

Post a Comment