Wednesday, July 30, 2014

NYX Matte Bronzer

Summer is nearly halfway over (for all of us in the Midwest), but I am definitely still stocking up and testing out different bronzers.  If I had to an option of only three makeup products to wear every day, it would be concealer, eyeliner, and yes, bronzer.  I honestly can never have enough of it laying around because I am constantly reaching for one.




During a NYX promotional sale at Ulta a while back, I decided to take that opportunity to try out the NYX Matte Bronzer.  It caught my eye because it is a matte bronzer.  Most bronzers released in the summer time are formulated to so much shimmer that it just becomes too much for me to handle.  I mainly use bronzers to contour, so a matte finish is perfect for me.

To be honest, I did have some reservation about the color selection after purchasing the bronzer, it did seem a bit orange when I swatched it on the back of my hand.  However, I decided to give it a chance, and after working the product in with a fluffy brush and really blending with a light hand, it has proven to work as a great contour for my skin tone.

The texture of the powder bronzer is very smooth and buttery, and a little bit goes a long way.  I like to lightly layer the product to contour the shaded areas of my face and blend with a fluffy brush for a more natural look.  Definitely applies well and feels smooth.  And it's very affordable!

Would recommend this to anyone with medium to darker skin tones.

xoxo,

Eve

No comments:

Post a Comment