Tuesday, July 10, 2012

MAC Naturally Mineralized Eye Shadows

So this is definitely a long over due review on a few of the MAC Mineralized Eye Shadows from their Naturally collection, which was released sometime in the beginning on the year.  I had made a few purchases from the MAC Naturally collection and I had forgotten to do a review on the products, so I thought I would start with the mineralized eye shadows from the collection.

I picked up the following shades:





Daylight

Daylight is is a frosty pinkish, light purple shade that is a beautiful all over the lid shade that is not overly frosty.  I love applying Daylight with a damp brush all over the lid for that beautiful metallic sheen because it really makes the eyes pop.






Summer Haze

Summer Haze is a champagne color that of course I thought I had to have because I have a million of these shades.  Again it's a beautiful all over the lid shade that is just gorgeous for a day time look that just has a bit more edge to it when applied wet.  






Cloudy Afternoon

Cloudy Afternoon is a grayish silver with a very small tinge of brown (depending on the veining of the shadow pan).  I actually do not own a shade like this so I thought it would be fun to give it a try.  Although it's a bit sheer when applied dried, it does have a little bit more hold when applied damp and would work more for a nice inner lid highlight shade.  This is probably my least favorite out of the three shadows that I purchased from the collection.  

After trying the mineralized eye shadows for the first time, I don't believe that they are not my favorite formula of shadows from the MAC line because they are a bit more frosty than I prefer.  However, they make great special occasion shadows and I love that you can use them wet or dry.  My favorite way to apply them it with a damp brush, patting the color on my lids for that gorgeous metallic sheen.  Also, because the mineralized shadows a bit more sheer when used dry, they are great for layering on other shadows if you do like that frostier look.

xoxo,

Eve

No comments:

Post a Comment