Monday, January 14, 2013

Chanel Illuminating Powder

Recently, I had picked up a few items from the Chanel Spring 2013 Collection (thanks to all of the Nordstrom gift cards I racked up over the Holidays).  At first I thought about just ignoring the collection because I didn't think I would need anything.  And although I was right about not needing anything from the collection, after watching Raeview's post and video about her thoughts on the collection, along with a great tutorial, I had a change of heart.


My favorite, and most luxurious, product from the Spring 2013 Collection has to be the Chanel Poudre Signee de Chanel Illuminating Powder.  At first look, it might just seem like any other highlighting powder (with very nice packaging), but it's definitely something special.  This limited edition, highlighting powder is a beautiful powder that brings that extra lift and life into your skin, without looking greasy.




It's honestly one of the most beautiful highlighting powders I have ever tried.  The formula and texture is just velvety and feels as smooth as butter.  And just with a soft sweep on the top of the cheek bones and down the bridge of my nose, I get that beautiful look that just brightens up my face.  It blends beautifully in the skin, and honestly wears well throughout the day.



The compact comes with a really different applicator, kind of a flat sponge that you're suppose to use to pressed the product onto your skin.  However, I just prefer using a nice fluffy brush to sweep the highlighter onto the skin.

Out of the entire collection, this would probably be my must have product.  It is limited edition and seems to be flying off of the counters pretty quickly, so if you are interested I would pick it up sooner rather than later.

xoxo,

Eve

No comments:

Post a Comment