Saturday, January 12, 2013

Deborah Lippmann Hot Me With Your Best Shot




I have always been a fan of Deborah Lippmann polishes, especially because their color line is just beautiful.  They definitely have some pretty unique colors in their line of polishes, and the presentation of the polish is just luxurious.  However, great quality and high prices sometimes don't always go well together.

I have never been disappointed with a Deborah Lippmann polish, until now.  Don't get me wrong, I still absolutely love the color of Hit Me With Your Best Shot, but that's just about all the polish has going for it.  The midnight blue color, with very tiny shimmers, makes it a great color for anyone that it a fan of an alternative shade to a black polish.  However, the application was not as smooth as other polishes out there (that are much more affordable), and the opacity is definitely not up to the standards that I hold Deborah Lippmann polishes to be.  It took 3 coats to get the full coverage look that I thought it would have with just one or even two coats.  And the formula of the polish is definitely a lot thinner (more runny) than I would have liked it to be.



I think I wouldn't be as disappointed with this polish if it had lasted on my nails.  I am ok if a polish takes a little bit more work to get the perfect look and color to it, however it better last.  Unfortunately, Hit Me With Your Best Shot did not last more than two days on my nails before chipping to the point where I just got annoyed with it.  I usually don't have this issue with my other Deborah Lippmann polishes, so it could just be the formula of this specific shade.

This doesn't mean I'm giving up on Deborah Lippmann polishes, but this definitely will motivate me to do my research on certain colors before running out to pick them up.

xoxo,

Eve

No comments:

Post a Comment