Monday, January 28, 2013

The Trend Report: LACE

The Trend Report: LACE


Last week, Chicago really got hit by the cold Winter weather.  We were all bundled up and just trying to get through the cold (windy) days.  However, today is a total 180 from last week.  With the sun shining and a cool breeze, I am already getting myself excited for Spring (which is still a few months away).

With Spring already in my mind, it has me excited for Spring Fashion.  And one of the trends I believe will be big for Spring 2013 is Lace.

Lace can date back to the 16th century, where only people of the highest social status were able to dress with lace.  Now, it's a classic material used in all sorts of pieces that can be worn by anyone with any style.  Of course real, french, lace are just out of reach for most of us, but there are cheaper alternatives that we all can enjoy.

When it comes to clothes, there are two types of looks I enjoy with lace: Sexy and Feminine.  With both looks, I find the lace in the looks make the outfit look classic and timeless.

Some of my favorite pieces I've found are mainly dresses, but nowadays lace can be incorporated in many fashion pieces (from shoes to handbags).  So I decided to pick a few to highlight and share with all of you.

Feminine Styles:

Sexy Styles: 

xoxo,

Eve

No comments:

Post a Comment