Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Chanel Stylo Yeux Waterproof Eyeliner

I did not expect myself to ever purchase a Chanel eyeliners, especially since there are more affordable options on the market.  However, the make up artist that day just sold me on the Chanel Spring 2013 Collection eyeliner in the shade Or Rose.



I had stopped by my favorite Chanel counter and they decided to play around with the products from the new Spring 2013 collection on me (since there wasn't much of a crowd that time).  So while she was doing my makeup, she had swiped the Chanel Stylo Yeux liner in Or Rose just on the bottom lash line and a bit int he waterline.  When I had looked in the mirror I was just amazed how much brighter and more refreshed my eyes looked just the color.

The Chanel Stylo Yeux liners are a water proof formula that gives you a long lasting look.  It's definitely a great formula because it does take a good eye make up remover (I use Lancome's Bi-Facil) to get this off of my eyes.  It's a simple twist up liner, which I don't mind as much because it makes it great for carrying around in my bag.




Or Rose is just a beautiful champaign rose color that gives this nice satin finish.  So it doesn't have the glitter that give you that overwhelming look, but still has the beautiful finish that give you that more awake and refreshed look.  The one thing a lot of people don't really like, and I was hesitant about was the softness (or lack of) of the product.  It's not as soft as a kohl pencil liner, so you do have to work a little harder to apply this, but you don't necessarily have to tug or pull at your skin to do so (like most believe).  The make up artist gave me a great tip on how to apply the liner.  Instead of pulling and pressing at the skin to apply the liner, hold the liner sideways and just sweep it across the bottom (or top) lash line.  You might have to go back and forth a few times for that desired look, but it definitely pays off and gives that great color.

I absolutely am loving this for every day, natural and refreshed make up look.  I was most attracted to the Chanel Spring 2013 collection because of their ad picture for the collection just screams natural beauty.  And Or Rose definitely plays a good part in achieving that look.

xoxo,

Eve

2 comments: