Thursday, September 6, 2012

Josie Maran Magic Marker Lip & Cheek Stain

I don't usually like to post negative reviews on products that don't work well for me.  However, because this specific product has had a lot of mixed reviews and the price is quite high, I decided to share my thoughts on the Josie Maran Magic Marker Lip & Cheek Stain.




All Summer long I was on an active hunt for a great lip stain for that easy summer look.  So when I received this Josie Maran Magic Marker Lip & Cheek Stain in one of my beauty subscription boxes I was quite excited (especially since it was a Josie Maran product).

The Josie Maran Magic Marker Lip & Cheek Stain claims to be a long wearing lip and cheek stain that is a easy to apply and take on the go for all of those busy bees out there.  I thought the concept was great, having a pen applicator for the lips, making application thoughtless.

So what do I think of it? Honestly after first applying it I was not impressed at all.  You really had to press the marker on your lips to get a bit of color.  The application was very uneven, so I found myself having to pat the color into my lips with my finger (causing most of the color to come off onto my finger).  And after the second day and wanting to give the product another try, I was unable to use the lip stain anymore because it had already dried out!

It was definitely a shame because the watermelon pink was such a beautiful color when swatched.  But sadly it didn't work for me, and for the price you can definitely find other alternatives that might work out a little better.

xoxo,

Eve

No comments:

Post a Comment