Saturday, September 22, 2012

L'Oreal Voluminous Full Definition Mascara

I have been on the hunt for a great drugstore mascara for a while now, and I thought I would give this L'Oreal Voluminous Full Definition Mascara a try after hearing a few reviews on it.  My go to mascara are the Lancome mascaras, but because mascaras expire so quickly it gets quite expensive to keep repurchasing a department store brand.





The L'Oreal Voluminous Full Definition Mascara is said o create full lashes while still looking natural.  Giving a healthy, lengthening look with definition.  The conditioning vitamins in the formula is also said to keep the lashes healthy and softer, which is also great for sensitive eyes.

Although all of the claims for the L'Oreal Voluminous Full Definition Mascara seem fantastic and are exactly what I am looking for, I find the mascara pretty average and a little bit difficult to work with.  The formula is quite thick, and the stopper is not small enough, leaving too much product on the applicator.  So after wiping the applicator off a few times (wasting a bit of product), the product doesn't apply as smoothly on the lashes.  You really have to work it in and really sweep it back and forth for that even application.

After getting the hang of the application and just working with it for a bit, I feel that it does give the lashes quite a natural look.  This doesn't give the greatest amount of length, but it does make it a very wearable mascara for every day looks.

There were a lot of bad reviews stating that there was awful clumping and and flaking issues with the L'Oreal Voluminous Full Definition Mascara, and I believe it's because of the thicker consistency when it comes to the product.  If you do have this mascara, try to wip off most of the product before applying it onto your lashes.

Guess I will continue my hunt for a more affordable mascara.

xoxo,

Eve

No comments:

Post a Comment