Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Studio Gear Complete Color Professional Lipstick in Smile

I have never considered purchasing anything from the Studio Gear make up line because you don't really hear much about the brand.  I have seen their products in Ulta, however considering their price range, I can purchase other products for the same price (or less).






However, I was definitely glad to receive this full size lipstick from Studio Gear to try out in one of my monthly subscription boxes.  It's nice to be able to try out brands you would not go out and buy on your own.

I received the Studio Gear Complete Color Professional Lipstick in the shade Smile, which is a rosy berry color that would be perfect for the fall.  When I swatched the shade on my wrist I honestly was not attracted to the color at all.  However, when I applied it to my lips I thought it really looked nice against my skin tone.  When applied with a lighter layer it can be worn every day, and will definitely work for fall and winter.

As for the formula, it's an incredibly slick formula, so don't expect much long wear from it (although all lipsticks eventually need to be reapplied after eating/drinking).  Because the formula has some slick, it gives the lips a nice glossy finish, so you don't really need a gloss on top.

Compared to other lipstick brands I don't really think Studio Gear lipsticks are worth their $15 price point.  You can honestly get the same quality from Revlon lipsticks for a more affordable price.

xoxo,

Eve

No comments:

Post a Comment