Monday, May 14, 2012

Chanel Luminous Bronzing Powder


After going to the Chanel event at my local Nordstroms, and having the make up artist try some of the new Summer 2012 products on me, I decided to pick up the Limited Edition Summer 2012 Luminous Bronzing Powder in 907 Sable Beige.





"This unique powder formula lends subtle hints of warmth and shimmer to every complexion.  It is comprised of seven unique shades - including a luminous gold - which can be applied separately to highlight and sculpt facial contours or blended together to achieve an overall bronzing effect that replicates the natural glow of sunbathed skin" - Chanel.com





I picked this product up not to use as a contour, because as you can see from the swatch it is quite light.  However, this looks beautiful as luminous powder, bringing that special glow to the face without looking like you have added color.

It works similarly to the Guerlain Meteorites, where I would use a large powder brush and apply it where the sun would hit my face naturally (cheeks, temples, and nose).  It looks incredibly natural and just gives that added something to my look.  The formula is also incredibly soft and silky and just blends like a dream.  Definitely going to love this all summer!

I am also in love with the chic packaging.  Who doesn't love Chanel packaging? It's compact and convenient, making it practical for travel, and the brush is extremely soft and actually useful.

Yes this is expensive and it was a splurge (a gift from my mom), it is definitely going to last me many summers and will be well loved.



xoxo,

Eve

No comments:

Post a Comment