Friday, May 4, 2012

Dr. Brandt Pores No More Pore Refiner


While I was on my skin care kick, one of the issues I wanted to solve was minimizing the appearance of pores on my skin.  One of the products I have been testing out was a deluxe sample of the Dr. Brandt Pores No More Pore Refiner, which was given to me with one of my purchased from Sephora.



It takes a lot of patience, time, and research to find the right product when it comes to skin care.  And because there are so many products out there making all sorts of claims it's hard to immediately find the right product for you.  What might work for someone else might not go so well for you.

So receiving this sample was great because I get to test it out for free before deciding whether I want to commit.

The Dr. Brandt Pores No More Pore Refiner claims to be "An instantly effective, mattifying pore refiner."  To smooth out the texture of your skin and giving it a matte finish, working as a good base for your foundation.  It also claims to "shrink pores, absorb oil, and keep shine at bay."

The product has a slight medicinal smell to it and also has a tint of color to it that seems to match well with my skin tone.  Although I found that it does work as a good base for foundation, smoothing out the texture and making my pores less noticeable, I do find that it fails at minimizing the appearance of my pores over time.  For me it just works as another temporary cover up.

This works for anyone with oily skin that needs to keep the shine away, but don't count on it to treat or even last all day.  Halfway through the day I find myself needing to blot or reapply again to keep the shine away.

I thank Sephora for giving me the opportunity to try out a great brand but I unfortunately will not be purchasing this specific product.  Although this specific Dr. Brandt product did not work well for me, I will be reviewing another product from the line soon that I feel did have some impact on my skin.



xoxo,

Eve

No comments:

Post a Comment