Thursday, May 24, 2012

Dr. Brandt Ruby Laser Technology Kit


I have been testing a few well known skin care lines lately, trying to find the right products to keep my skin feeling healthy, and one of the brands on my list is Dr. Brandt.  Dr. Brandt skin care products can be found at Sephora, and the brand well known for having having end skin care products.

I picked up this Dr. Brandt Ruby Laser Technology Kit a couple of months ago during the Sephora Friends & Family sale (making it a little more affordable) and decided to give it a try.  This GLOW kit is formulated to keep a flawless and "glowing" complexion.

I was drawn to this kit because of the ingredients, retinol and ruby crystals.  Retinol, a less active derivative of Tretinoin, creates a smooth complexion for the skin.  Tretinoin improves texture, tightens pores, and stimulates blood flow and collagen production, so a milder derivative (like retinol) just gives a slower process.

The micronized ruby crystals, I am assuming, is for illuminating and brightening the skin.




The kit contains the following items:

- Overnight resurfacing Serum
- Ruby Crystal Retinol Hydracreme

Both of the products are used for my night time skin care routine only.

"Retinol encourages skin cell turnover; this new skin is delicate and should not be exposed to the sun. That is why these ingredients should only be found in products intended for night use." WebMD.com

After cleansing my skin I apply the Ruby Crystal Retinol Hydracreme daily.  As for the Overnight Resurfacing Serum, it is only recommended for use 3 times per week.

My main goal is to keep my skin's texture smooth and radiant.  I also wanted a product that will help minimize the look of enlarged pores.  After using these two products, in conjunction with Chanel's Sublimage, I can noticeable see a difference in my skin.  No product can really give immediate results, so after testing for a couple of months, I do notice that my skin is smoother, and there are no visible breakouts where I would normally breakout.  You can not get rid of pores, but I can see a difference in the appearance of them.  The products seem to have tightened my skin, minimizing the appearance of the pores, giving me a smoother complexion.

Although I am not a fan of all of Dr Brandt's products (especially not a fan of the Pores No More line), I am really pleased with these two products and do recommend them to anyone looking for great skin care products.

**When looking for new skin care products, really research the ingredients and think about what you're seeking for.  Always refer to a dermatologist for questions if you feel like you need recommendations.


xoxo,

Eve

No comments:

Post a Comment