Because of the craziness of the Holidays and the New Year, I had forgotten to post a December Favorites post. Because of that, I decided to combine January and December together, just because my makeup preference for both months didn't really change.
1. Chanel Perfection Lumiere Foundation - I have been really loving this foundation for the two months. It has the perfect coverage and wear for me and my skin type and just makes my skin look very natural.
2. Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circle Treatment Concealer - I have tried many under eye concealers and I have yet to try one that is as light weight as this one. This concealer blends like a dream, and even better, it doubles up as an under eye treatment.
3. Urban Decay Primer Potion – Eye shadows and scorching summer heat and sweat do not mix well. So what better way to make sure your shadows stay on is with the Urban Decay Primer Potion. My lids tend to get oily over the summer, especially when I spend a lot of time outside, so this makes sure my shadows stay put.
4. NARS Pro Prime Face Primer - Out of all of the primers I have and tried, I think I have come to the conclusion that the NARS Pro Prime primer is my holy grail primer for my face. It's light weight and just blends so easily into the skin without adding the extra shine or weight. It keeps my foundation in place for a long day or work or play.
5. MAC Studio Finish Concealer - I have tried so many types of concealers and I think ultimately the MAC Studio Finish is the perfect concealer for me for spot concealing. A little goes a long way (so this pot is going to last a while), it's the perfect color and just blends invisibly into the skin while giving me the added coverage I may need. On days that I don't want to wear foundation, this is all I need.
Review: Coming soon!
6. Lancome Color Ideal Pressed Powder: This is my Holy Grail pressed powder at the moment. It's gives my face a wonderful, semi matte finish and really sets my foundation well without feeling heavy or caking up at all. It is just the finishing touch to my makeup that also photographs well. You can tell I love it since I’ll have to buy a new one soon.
7. Lancome Star Bronzer Long Lasting Bronzing Powder - Lancome is one of my most favorite high end brand when it comes to makeup. So when I saw that they released this bronzer I knew I had to pick it up. It's a matte bronzer, which immediately won me over, because I do not like to have that much sheen or shimmer on my cheeks. It's literally the perfect shade for me and so far has worked well for both summer and fall season (even with my different skin tones from getting tanned). The color is very buildable, and the finish is just natural.
8. Tarte Amazonian Clay Blush in Exposed - This has been one of the most talked about blush in the beauty community and I can definitely see why. It's the perfect natural blush that can work as both a blush and contour color. It looks beautiful on most skin tones and the texture is just so silky smooth.
9. Naked 2 Palette - I purchased this palette on the first day of it's release last December and I have not had any regrets. It's the perfect neutral palette and I find that it compliments my original Naked palette well. I love having the Naked 2 palette because I do find it different fromt he original palette, one being that it offers more taupe undertones and it does have a matte black shade that is always useful.
Review: Coming soon!
10. MAC Eye Shadow Duo in Iced Delights - I definitely enjoy MAC shadows, and have been enjoying the packaging of their shadow duos. It cute and convenient, making it perfect for travel. I have been loving the Iced Delights Duo (from the MAC 2011 Holiday Collection) because the green is so unique and worked really well for the sexy smokey eye that I really loved for those fun nights out.
11. MAC Paint Pot in Vintage Selection - This is one of my most favorite paint pots that I own, fromt he MAC Champale Collection. Vintage Selection is just a beautiful pink paint pot that makes any light shadow pop without looking too much. I love to wear it on its own for those lazy mornings where I still want to look done up without the work.
12. Tarte SmolderEYES Pencil - This has been my most favorite product for the two months. It's basically a large eye pencil that works as a liner or an eye base. I love using it in the outer corners of my eyes and along the lash line for that sexy smoldering effect because its so easy to smoke out and blend. Also, once applied it does not budge or smudge.
13. L'Oreal Lineur Intense Liner - This is my all time favorite drugstore liquid liner. I have been ignoring liquid liner for a while now, pencil has been so easy. However, after reaching for this a few times this month I rediscovered my love for liquid liner. The intensity is just amazing!
14. MAC Viva Glam V: My favorite of all of the Viva Glam lipsticks in the permanent range has to be Viva Glam V. It’s so wearable and just makes your natural lips look perfect. I have been keeping this in my handbag and reapplying it throughout the day for the simple, but beautiful lip color for school/work.
15. MAC Viva Glam Cyndi: This has to be my favorite pop of color on my lips. Viva Glam Cyndi is absolutely beautiful and I was so sad when they discontinued the color. Perfect for a very wearable pop of red that is not too intense.
16. Lancome Juicy Tube in Bol Ole - I have really been enjoying this shade of gloss to wear every day just because it's a fun pop of color on the lips without being too in your face because it is a bit sheer.
Review: Coming Soon!
Well that is all for my long list of favorites for both December and January! Until next month!
Check out the STILA GIVEAWAY I am hosting: http://www.luuux.com/node/3455285?blog_id=31398