Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Julep Meryl

Julep Maven polishes have recently gotten a lot of raves in the online beauty community lately, due to the launch of their Julep Maven program.  The Julep Maven program is like any other beauty subscription program where for $20 a month, you get sent a box with polishes and other treats from Julep.





The latest polish that I received in my Julep Maven Box is the shade in Meryl, which is a very creamy gray colored polish.  I have to say that I don't have a color like this in my nail collection, so it's quite nice to have something new.

The Julep polishes have a reputation of being very creamy, opaque, and true to color.  I have to agree that the color payoff of this shade is amazing.  It is an opaque color and the color is a beautiful gray that isn't a flat gray color.  I absolutely love grays and shades like this for transitioning between seasons.

The only negative thing I have to say about the polish itself is the application.  Although it is a creamy polish color, it is also a runny polish.  So if you have very small or short nail beds, the polish will run all over the place once you apply it if you are not careful.

The wear of the polish is like any other higher end polish.  It wears pretty well with a nice top coat over the shade.


xoxo,

Eve

No comments:

Post a Comment