Friday, November 30, 2012

Chanel Double Perfection Compact Powder

I was on the hunt for a great powder compact to have available in my travel makeup bag, just to have on hand for slight touchups throughout the day.  I made many visits to various makeup counters and purchased (and returned) many different powder until I found myself falling in love with none other than my Mom's Chanel Double Perfection Compact Powder.


The color was a bit too dark for my Mom's skin tone, so she asked me to try it out before returning it to see if I would like it.  And boy was I happy that she had passed it on to me before getting the chance to return the compact.



The Chanel Double Perfection Compact Powder is a natural matte powder (with an SPF of 10).  The texture of the powder is very silky, and applies smoothly onto the skin.  The formulation of the powder is a wet/dry formulation, so you can use a huge fluffy brush and lightly apply it onto your face, or use a wet sponge for that extra coverage.

I absolutely am in love with the finishing and lasting power of the powder.  For days where I just don't want to go through the whole liquid foundation routine, I will just apply some concealer and then powder this all over my face for the more natural look.  Even with the light weight feeling, the powder offers enough coverage to even out any redness.

I also love just using this as a finishing powder over liquid foundation is I feel like I need to reduce any shine.  And witht he application of the Chanel Double Perfection Compact Powder on top of a liquid foundation, I still find the look very natural and light weight),  I love that I can layer the powder without it being too cakey or chalky looking.

This has not left my makeup bag since it was passed onto me and have really been my go to powder everyday.

xoxo,

Eve

No comments:

Post a Comment