Monday, November 12, 2012

Dior Addict Ultra Gloss

At the last Sephora VIB event, I decided to take advantage of the promo that they were offering their loyal customers and pick up a few items I've had my eye on for a while.  For the past few months I've heard Ingrid (also known as Missglamorazzi on YouTube) rave about how much she loves the Dior Addict Ultra Glass in 576 Sari Pink, and because of that I decided to go to the store and see what the gloss is all about.




I am usually not a gloss kind of girl, just because I am not a fan of the tackiness of it, so I usually stick to lipstick with more of a sheen (or a colored balm).  However, after swatching Dior's Addict Ultra Gloss at the counter, and giving it a try on my lips, I found myself really loving the formula and consistency of the gloss.  




The Dior Addict Ultra Gloss has a lightweight formula with a smooth texture.  Instead of a sticky/tacky gloss, you get a more creamy and moisturizing consistency.  I love the sheen and short of bit of sparkle the gloss has in the formula.  I am not a fan of the glittery or super sparkly glosses, so this is a great balance for me.

What's also different for me is that the applicator on the gloss is a brush applicator, instead of the common doe foot applicator.  I thought that I wouldn't like the brush applicator as much because I was worried about the bristles splaying out or having the application being uneven, but I was very pleased with how easy and smooth the application was.  The only thing is that it's easy to apply too much gloss at a time with the gloss, so I usually make sure to not pick up as much gloss when applying.

As for the shade Sari Pink, I am just as much in love with it as Ingrid is.  Sari Pink is described as a vibrant rosy pink that is just beautiful! Even though it's a bit bright for the season, I feel like the shade pairs well with a lot of nude and pink lipsticks if you needed that pick me up look.  I have also enjoyed wearing the gloss on it's own for that quick application.  The gloss has not left my purse since I've picked it up, and I definitely might be looking into other shades in the line.

xoxo,

Eve

No comments:

Post a Comment