Saturday, December 10, 2011

Make Up For Ever Aqua Cream in No. 13 (Champagne Shimmer)

Make Up For Ever Aqua Creams are one of my favorite products in their collection.  They bring a great pop of color, whether it's a neutral or dramatic look, and the quality if just impeccable!



Make Up For Ever doesn't really do names on their products, just numbers. But Number 13 is described as a Champagne Shimmer  which is light and very satin. This color is absolutely gorgeous! There is just a light hint of shimmer, just enough to make your eyes stand out. And it works especially well for me because I needed a more champagne eye cream to work as a base.




Now for the quality of the Aqua Cream. When swatched on your hand it feels really creamy and light. But the true test came when applying it on my eyes. The cream shadow was so soft and light! In the pot it looks really dense and feels like it could be dry, but that's not at all how it feels (don't let your eyes fool you, always test out the product). I love how soft and creamy it felt on my lids. I usually stray away from cream shadows just because I don't like the heavyness of it, but Make Up For Ever's product is definitely a better purchase, the quality and formula of this cream shadow is nothing that I have ever seen before.  This is a great color to be worn alone for a simple day look to brighten up the eyes.

The Aqua Cream's come in about 22 different shades, ranging from neutral Browns to fun Greens and Blues. This is definitely the PERFECT shadow to wear when you are planning a fun night out with your friends. You can pair it with darker shadows to make a nice smokey night look.  I wore it out for 3 different nights and the shadow literally does not move. There is absolutely no creasing or smudging. When I got home at the end of the night my make up looked exactly like how I first applied it in the beginning of the night. And to test it out even more I took my fingers (dry and clean of course) and began to rub on the shadow to see what will happen, and it DID NOT MOVE! It was amazing! The best part is that you don't need to use an eye primer or base with the product. I'm usually worried about my shadows creasing and smudging because my eye lids tend to be oily, but this cream shadow is literally amazing.

I can't rave on enough about how happy I am about this product, and the color is absolutely gorgeous.

TIP: When applying, use a small packed, dense shadow brush (not a fluffy brush) to pick up the cream shadow. Then warm it on the back of your hand a little (this helps break down the product more and makes for a smoother (more even) application. When applying it to your eyes, pack the cream shadow on, instead of swiping it. Swiping the shadow will only cause fall outs and you won't get an even look. Pack it as close to the lash line as possible and smoke it out for a nice, sultry look.


xoxo,

Eve

No comments:

Post a Comment