Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Chanel Perfection Lumiere Foundation

Chanel foundations have a reputation of being pretty luxurious (with a price tag to match).  However, I haven't been disappointed with them yet, so after Perfection Lumiere was released I was quite excited to give it a try.  





Of course, when it comes to trying new foundations (especially expensive ones) I always make sure to do the research before making the purchase.  So after trying out the samples at the counter and reading/watching reviews I finally purchased the Chanel Perfection Lumiere foundation last December.  One tip when it comes to purchasing Chanel foundations (or any foundation), you can ask for samples to take home and try for a week to see if it works well for your skin type before jumping in a purchasing the product.  This makes the process less stressful, and you'll know for a fact if you like the product enough to put out the money for it.

Chanel Perfection Lumiere is suppose to be an effortless and natural foundation, leaving your skin looking flawless and ideal for all day wear.  Even being medium to full coverage, the formula and texture of the foundation is still incredibly light, and pretty much undetectable on the skin.  This makes it easier to apply and more comfortable to wear all day.

I am loving this foundation, but there is one thing you have to keep in mind when it comes to Perfection Lumiere, and it's your skin type.  Chanel says that the foundation is suitable for all skin types, however, I find that it's very patchy and cakey on dry skin.  I have combination skin, so when I do get dry areas around my nose, I do find it patchy (so of course I have to be prep and prime my skin before application on the small dry areas).  Otherwise, on normal to oily skin, this looks flawless.  I find that application with the fingertips or with any of the Sigma SigMax brushes work the best, because the beauty blender just soaks up too much product and all of the other types of brushes tend to be streaky.

I am in love with the chic packaging, it's still very luxurious without being too bulky.  Also, the pump is absolutely perfect for control, not dispensing more product that you need.  One pump from the Perfection Lumiere bottle is equivalent to about a half pump to other foundation bottles.  So I find that two pumps of the Perfection Lumiere gives me great coverage.  Their color range is amazing, with a a diverse range of 20 shades, you'll definitely be able to find the right one for you.


xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment