Monday, January 16, 2012

Revlon ColorBurst Lip Butters

Recently, Ulta was having a Buy One Get One 50% Off sale on Revlon products, so I decided to take advantage of the promotion and finally try out the most raved about Revlon ColorBurst Lip Butters.  When they were released, just over a month ago, they took the online beauty community by storm; everyone was running out to find them and reviews and swatches were all over the web.




Cherry Tart, Raspberry Pie, Strawberry Shortcake, Tutti Frutti


These Lip Butters are advertised as a buttery balm with a high shine of color.  Also working as a smooth balm that hydrating, instantly leaving your lips softer.

I'm one of those girls that can't get enough of lip butters or balms, I have them every where and I love them in all sorts of colors.  To say that these Revlon Lip Butters are just a balm, in my opinion, is an understatement.  the pigmentation of the lip butters are more than a balm and less than a lipstick.  Although I do find these lip butter hydrating, I find that they are more of a creamy, moisturizer for the lips than a treating lip balm, because they do feel a bit thicker when applied to the lips.

I do love the Revlon ColorBurst Lip Butters, and I can understand why they are flying off the shelves.  However, I would not apply them on their own without another sort of lip balm to keep my lips hydrated, because the formula is a bit too creamy.

But the colors in the line are absolutely gorgeous and I do find them worth buying.  It's definitely a much more affordable substitute for the Fresh Sugar lip balms that I love so much, but definitely not a dupe or replacement.


xoxo,

Eve

4 comments:

  1. Great review! I am yet to try them out. The strawberry shortcake looks gorgeous.

    Question: Do the lip butter smell like their actual name?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh Raspberry Pie looks nice. I still cannot find these anywhere. LOL

    ReplyDelete